We are Hiring!
This is a temporary role to cover a period of maternity leave with the possibility of contract extension as the organisation grows.
The Ben Kinsella Trust is one of the leading anti-knife crime charities in the UK. We were set up following the murder of Ben Kinsella in 2008. We exist to campaign against knife crime and to educate young people about its dangers and help them make positive choices to stay safe.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to support the day to day running of the Ben Kinsella Trust to ensure our core ethics and goals both long term and short term remain on achievable. This role includes assisting the Ben Kinsella team with funding applications and ensuring the smooth functioning of the Trust’s workshops and other core administrative functions as well as having an input in day to day operational activities and future activity forecasting.
This is a hands-on role where you will play a key part in our business operations across the business.
The post offers significant opportunities for innovation, development and growth both personal and organisational and will enable you to play a key part in our mission.
Your main responsibilities and activities will be;
- Line management of 6-8 sessional workshop facilitators
- Manage and administer the workshop booking process, data management, sending invoices and processing payments, chasing schools and others for missing information
- Organise mass-mailings, phone calls and email broadcasts to communicate necessary information and updates to schools and other parties
- Oversee workshop logistics, including generating reports, booking facilitators and compiling essential information for schools
- Supporting fundraising events and activities
- Administer health and safety including and risk assessments in our exhibition space
- Act as the first point of contact for incoming telephone and email enquiries
- Ensuring that Ben Kinsella Trust work is informed by the views and experiences of young people using our services
- Assisting with the management and expansion of our social media platforms
- Represent the views of The Ben Kinsella Trust by speaking at public events and to the media as and when required
- Carrying out other administrative duties as required
Skills and knowledge
- Experience within similar role is desirable but not essential, we are eager to discuss this opportunity with candidates of all experience levels
- Experience of working or volunteering in the voluntary/third sector
- Experience of working with schools and youth groups
- Well organised with the ability to manage and prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal - with ability to present information concisely IT literate including use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of using different social media platforms
- Helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented, able to build strong working relationships and a positive work environment
- Discreet, sensitive and non-judgmental attitude with the ability to understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality
- A personal commitment to equality and inclusion
To apply click the link below
- A general interest in the Ben Kinsella message and mission as a charitable organisation